Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Call Me Bruce

Caster number 3 for Khador finished up recently, eIrusk.  This one had two significant modifications, one intentional and one reactionary.



The intentional modification was a head swap, entirely because I hate his silly hat.



I get what they were trying to do but it just looks ridiculous.  Instead I fished a plastic head out of the bits box, probably something originating in the GW nebula, which I thought worked better.

The other modification was not expected, but the massive patriotic flag that he carries was badly warped in my package; the bulk of the flag was twisted around so that it would need to intersect his body if the hand was properly aligned.  I tried to fix it but realized I wouldn't be able to bend it unless I got out the vice grips, which would damage the piece and render the entire effort moot.

I went in a different direction instead.  I tried to come up with something that looked like the Khadoran equivalent of a French Imperial Eagle.  I think it's suitably grandiose for the guy.









I went heavy with the gold on this guy; he fits in nicely with the rest of the force, while being glitzy enough to stand out as the obvious centerpiece.  Very happy with him.

Also, I really think that, with the new head, he looks like Bruce Campbell.  Which is not a bad thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment