Monday, October 29, 2012

Success, and Otherwise

A bunch of projects on the workbench creeping toward completion.  A Koldun Lord and eIrusk (with some converting done to him) are in varying states of completion.  Two models got wrapped up lately, neither of which I'm totally happy with.

The first is a Manhunter.

Fitting her into the existing scheme was a little rough and I didn't really start out with a clear picture of what I wanted her to look like.  She worked out okay, but not as good as she could be.

The other model is a Lancer, for Cygnar.

I could spend a lot of time talking about what's not working on this guy.  When I painted Stryker I was sort of making it up as I went along, and it ended up in a place I was pretty happy with.  Blowing that scheme up to jack scale really didn't work out as I'd hoped.  I ended up trying out a sponge weathering with gun metal paint and it helped somewhat, but the colours don't particularly work together, the shield is just a huge mess, and the whole thing doesn't pull together well.

On the upside, the conversion of the arm and lance is something I think worked out very well.

I'm torn about what to do with my Cygnar.  I have a metal Hunter light jack coming in the mail and I think I'm going to try a totally different scheme with it.  If it works out, I'll strip the Lancer and repaint it to match, and just leave Stryker as is.  I don't really like him as much as I do some of the other casters I've used, so I can live with him being interestingly painted in a different scheme.  On the other hand, if I can't come up with a better scheme, I might be able to salvage this one by updating a few bits and redoing the shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment